Official Cat in the Hat Logo Guidelines
Everyone loves our logo, and with good reason—the Cat in the Hat is a superstar!
You may reproduce the logo for use in your NEA's Read Across America event provided that you observe the following guidelines.
Dr. Seuss Enterprises has licensed to NEA limited use of the Cat in the Hat for NEA's Read Across America logo. The following guidelines are provided to assist you with proper usage of our logo. Your compliance with these guidelines will ensure NEA's continued use of the Cat in the Hat to promote NEA's Read Across America.
Also, please take a look at Dr. Seuss Licensing Issues for answers to commonly asked questions about what is permissible use of the logo.
If you have any questions, please contact Steve Grant at email@example.com . Your question will be researched and promptly answered.
- Use the logo only to promote NEA's Read Across America program, which includes promoting your events/activities. The logo may not be used for any other purpose. (We have no rights to use any other Dr. Seuss characters or art. Violation of this restriction could jeopardize our rights to use the logo.)
- Do not use our logo with the logo of any business or sponsor (e.g., McDonald's, Pizza Hut, and other companies).
- Do not use the logo for any commercial purpose. Thus, you must avoid stores and other sponsors selling their products in conjunction with the logo. (For example, "Buy one, get one free" promotions in honor of NEA's Read Across America are not permissible.)
- Use the copyright and trademark notice (exactly as it appears with the logo) on absolutely everything that contains the logo—and the notice must be readable.The copyright notice must read: TM & © 1997 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. and NEA. Cat in the Hat image TM & © 1957 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. All Rights Reserved.
- Use the logo only as it appears. The logo may not be modified in any way except that it may be reduced or enlarged in size to fit the space available.
Thank you for reading these guidelines, and for your cooperation. Now that you're familiar with the requirements, please feel free to use our Cat in the Hat logo in your NEA's Read Across America events.