2014 NEA Annual Meeting and Representative Assembly (RA)
Teacher of the Year Sean McComb speaks at the 93rd NEA Representative Assembly in Denver, CO. Read more »
In his speech, NEA Executive Director John Stocks championed student-centered leadership and the importance of having a “long game.” Read more »
Denver, Colorado, June 26 — July 6
Outgoing president leaves behind a legacy of making education equity a primary focus of the Association.
Malala Yousafzai, a 15-year-old student and education activist in Pakistan who survived a brutal attack by Taliban militants determined to ban girls from attending school, received the 2014 NEA Friend of Education Award.
Delegates vote for all-minority, all-female, officer team to head nation's largest union.
In his speech, NEA Executive Director John Stocks championed student-centered leadership and the importance of having a “long game.”
Van Roekel Delivers Final Keynote Speech
NEA President Dennis Van Roekel delivered his final keynote speech with a passionate and stirring exhortation for educators to bring equity and excellence to our schools
Most Recent News
Related News from NEAToday.org
- Eskelsen García: We Are Fearless and We Will Not Be Silent July 6, 2014
- National Teacher of the Year: We Are the 'Decisive Elements' in Student Lives July 5, 2014
- 2014 ESP of the Year Paula Monroe Honored at RA July 5, 2014
- Van Roekel Delivers Final Keynote Speech July 3, 2014
- Empowered Educators Raise Their Hands for Student Success July 2, 2014
- Reading Magic Hits Denver July 2, 2014
- NEA Members Revitalize Two Denver Schools July 1, 2014
- NEA Representative Assembly to Vote to End ‘Toxic Testing’ July 1, 2014
- Unions Give Back: NEA Members Revitalize Two Denver Schools (July 1, 2014)
- NEA Activists Vow to Continue Fight for Social Justice (June 30, 2014)
The RA in Photos
Upcoming Events & Announcements
Sunday, July 6
|7:00 am - 9:00 am||State Delegation Meetings (HQ hotel for state delegations)|
|9:00 am - 12:00 n||Non-Delegate Registration (Colorado Convention Center)|
|9:00 am - 3:00 pm||Non-Profit Fundraising Activities (Colorado Convention Center)|
|9:00 am - 5:00 pm||Credentials Committee Meeting (Colorado Convention Center, room 304)|
|9:30 am - 10:00 am||Special Interest Caucus Meetings (Colorado Convention Center)|
|10:00 am - until completion||Representative Assembly (Colorado Convention Center)|
|Lunch Break||Special Interest Caucus Meetings (Colorado Convention Center)|
NPR Interviews NEA President Dennis Van Roekel on the 2014 NEA Annual Meeting
NPR Education Correspondent Eric Westervelt interviewed NEA President Dennis Van Roekel on July 1, 2014 about the NEA Annual Meeting, quoting Van Roekel on Common Core implementation and the need to involve teachers.
Stay in touch with NEA President Dennis Van Roekel and other RA delegates by joining this online community. (Request an invitation at email@example.com.)
Great Public Schools Network
NEA EXPO 2015
Don’t miss the opportunity to exhibit at one of America’s largest gathering of educators.