Tips For Completing an HCR Award Nomination Form
The following nine tips were developed to help you complete a nomination form:
- Type nomination form in Times New Roman, 12-point type.
- Submit all documentation in a 3-ring binder:
- Nomination form
- Organizing form
- Supporting materials up to 20 single-sided (or 10 double-sided pages)
The nomination form, organizing form, and photo are not considered a part of the 20/10 page count for supporting materials. The résumé is considered part of the supporting materials. Please note that notebook dividers are counted as pages of supporting documentation if there is text or images on the divider page.
- Complete ALL information on the nomination form, including the NEA membership ID#or the last four digits of the social security number for the nominator and the nominee if eligible for membership.
- Type résumé in Times New Roman, 12-point type and limit to 4 single-sided or 2 double-sided pages.
- Include a current 8 x 10-inch professional quality photo of the nominee. (Scanned photos or photos printed from a computer are not permitted.) Print the nominee's name on the back of the photo.
- Use the Nomination Materials/Organizing Form to list all of the supporting materials. Please make sure that all items are numbered properly, labeled, and arranged in< sequential order. Page numbers begin with the Criteria Eligibility form of the award category.
- Make a nomination for a specific award category. If you would like to nominate the same person for more than one category, submit a separate nomination application and supporting documentation for each category in a separate three ring binder.
- Count each page of a newspaper, newsletter, or magazine article submitted in the binder as supporting documentation, toward the 20/10 pages allotted, unless the item is placed in a protective sleeve cover, in which case, count only the front and back.
- Do not submit audiotape, compact disc, DVD, or videotape that is more than 30 minutes in length. But, do submit a complete copy of the published book for the Author Illustrator Award, to support of the nomination, but do not count it in the 20/10 pages.
If you have further questions, please contact Sabrina Williams, in the NEA Human and Civil Rights Department at (202) 822-7709.