2010 Joint Conference on Concerns of Minorities and Women
Great Public Schools: Rebuilding the Promise By Transforming Public Education
June 28-29, 2010
555 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
This annual two-day event attracts more than 1000 education employees—active, retired, and student members; education support professionals; and higher education faculty. Participants explore human and civil rights issues, the latest education research and best practices, topical health issues, and other critical matters affecting public school students and staff.
We’re Going Green!
Attendees at previous conferences received tote bags that included flyers and other resources. This year is different. As part of NEA’s effort to save the environment and lighten your load, we have placed those resources on this web site. You can view (and print) only what you need.Special Events
Conference MaterialsNEA Training Programs (Flyers)
- Bullying and Sexual Harassment Prevention/Intervention Program
- English Language Learner Training Module
- National Training Program on Safety, Bias, and GLBT Issues
- Women’s Leadership Training Program
- (20 slides)
SAVE THE DATE
June 30, 2010
Join us for lunch and discussion.
- Achievement Gaps
NEA web area on achievement gaps.
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Educator
NEA web area on culturally competent educators.
- C.A.R.E. Guide (2007 edition) (PDF, 3.4 MB, 164pp)
NEA strategies for closing the achievement gaps.
- (2006) (PDF, 743 KB, 110pp)
NEA resources to use with affiliates and external partners to close the gaps.
- Diversity Calendar
NEA's list of major events observed in the United States.
- Diversity Resources
Resources from other organizations on diversity issues.
- NEA Human and Civil Rights Awards Program
Honors individuals and affiliates who defend human and civil rights.
- 2010 Joint Conference Registration Booklet (PDF, 356 KB, 20pp)
(Registration has closed.)