2012 Community Outreach Projects
Service Opportunities for NEA Members and RA Delegates at the 2012 Annual Meeting in Washington, DC
Saturday, June 30 and/or Sunday, July 1
Also, delegates are reminded:
- There is a school supply drive and art supplies as an ongoing project of NEA since the1995 NEA-RA in Minneapolis to donate needed school supplies to children in need of the Host City . . . drop at the Food Bank Booth at the NEA-RA. Much of the donated items will be taken to the local food bank, Central Union Mission, and Mrs. P’s DayCare for low income young children with disabilities blocks from the Convention Center.
- There is a book drive as an ongoing project of NEA to donate new and gently used books to children staying at the Ronald McDonald House and brand new books and story props to a children’s hospital... drop at the Food Bank Booth at the NEA-RA.
- There is a toiletries drive as an ongoing tradition/project of NEA for children and families... drop at the Food Bank Booth at the NEA-RA will be going .
- There will be a Food Bank Booth as an ongoing project of NEA to donate needed food and monies. State delegations are encouraged to have some type of creative fundraising effort to support the cause...an NEA tradition since the 1970s!
We need volunteers at the booth, too.
- Georgia World Congress Center
- Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
- NEA Annual Meeting Visitors' Guide to Atlanta
NEA EXPO 2013
Don’t miss the opportunity to exhibit at one of America’s largest gathering of educators.