Important Information Regarding Vice President Joe Biden’s Visit, Tuesday July 3rd
Last Updated: Monday, July 2, 8:20PM
- The RA Today will not be delivered to delegation hotels. Delegates may pick up their copy of the RA Today inside the Convention Center before passing through security.
- Additional delegate materials will not be delivered to delegation hotels. Materials may be picked up at Production and Materials Distribution in Hall D following the Vice President’s speech.
- Security magnetometers for entrance into Hall D will be open from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.
- There will be separate security lines for delegates with and without bags. Delegates are discouraged from bringing bags to the convention center. A complimentary baggage check will be provided on level 1, Salon G/H.
- Delegate buses will leave hotels from 7:30 am until 10:00 am.
- Delegates should only enter the Convention Center through the L Street entrance of the South Building.
- Buses for physically challenged delegates will begin departing at 6:30 am and will unload at the Hall D loading dock until 9:30 am. After 9:30, physically challenged delegates will be dropped off at the L Street entrance.
- Hall D access may be restricted while the Vice President is present. Access to the hall may be denied to delegates arriving after 10:00 am.
- Campaigning will only be permitted on level one of the building.
- Delegates should not bring any outside food, drugs, weapons, sharp items, or anything that can be construed as a weapon. These items will be confiscated.
Elections Committee Notice
On Monday, July 3, 2012, committee members who wish to sit with their delegations during Vice President Biden’s speech will report directly to the voting area as soon as the Secret Service lifts the “lock down.”
Committee members also have the option of reporting to the Elections Committee meeting room at 10:00 am where television monitors will be available.
The Assembly Hall lock down will begin at 10:00 am and continue until Vice President Biden leaves the stage and/or until the Secret Service lifts the lock down.
Voting will begin at 12:00 pm. Committee members will vote after the delegates have voted.
Suspension of the Rules passed on July 2
Due to Vice President Joe Biden’s July 3 speech:
- Candidate voting will be July 3 from 12:00-3:30 pm.
- The RA will break before voting results are reported. Delegates will have an extended deadline for submission of NBIs, Legislative Amendments, Policy Statement Amendments, New Resolutions, Amendments to Resolutions, and Amendments to NBIs, until 2:00 pm on July 3.
- The two scheduled sessions for Action on New Business will be conducted where time allows in the adjusted schedule.