American Education Week Twitter Chat
Please join the National Education Association and K-12 News Network for a “Kids Not Cuts” Twitter Chat on Thursday, November 15 from 1 — 2 PM EST.
As part of the American Education Week recognition of educators, NEA Vice President Lily Eskelsen will be guest Tweeting from the @NEAToday Twitter feed about the looming across-the-board budget cuts known as "sequestration." During the chat, @K12NN and @NEAToday will discuss sequestration's impact and what parents can do to join with educators in stopping the devastating cuts to public education. Using the #kidsnotcuts hashtag, chat attendees can participate in the conversation by asking questions and by offering their thoughts and perspectives on this timely topic.
To join the chat:
- Log on to Twitter at 1 PM EST on Thursday, November 15. If you don’t have a Twitter account, be sure to sign up in advance of our party.
- Make sure you are following @NEAToday and @K12NN.
- Lily Eskelsen will be Tweeting from the @NEAToday feed.
- On the top, left hand side of your Twitter homepage, go to # Discover tab.
- Enter #kidsnotcuts and you will see the conversation.
- To ask a question or make a comment, make sure to use the #kidsnotcuts hashtag in your Tweet so everyone following along can see.
- If asking a question directly to Lily and NEA, please reply to @NEAToday and use the #kidsnotcuts hashtag.