Five Ways to Make a Difference in the Lives of Teachers
You’ve made a card, bought flowers to celebrate Teacher Day, but now what? Make a difference in the lives of amazing teachers nationwide by taking these five easy actions.
1. Urge your elected leaders to stand up for teachers and students by restoring funding for early childhood education, special ed, college work-study and more.
2. Petition your representative to issue a proclamation celebrating teachers and declaring Tuesday, May 7 National Teacher Day.
3. Support public education by making a donation to the NEA Foundation. Your investment will help educators close the achievement gaps, increase classroom innovations, provide professional development opportunities, and more.
4. Be a partner in education. Find effective parent-teacher strategies that will have a direct impact on your child's success.
5. Visit your local school and find out how you can help. Volunteer in the concession stand at a football game, donate supplies, or chaperone an event