Thanks for Taking the Pledge!
Thanks for showing your appreciation for educators.
If you'd like to do more, here are five ways to help make a difference in teachers' lives:
1. Urge your elected leaders to stand up for teachers and students by restoring funding for early childhood education, special ed, college work-study and more.
2. Petition your representative to issue a proclamation celebrating teachers and declaring Tuesday, May 7 National Teacher Day.
3. Support public education by making a donation to the NEA Foundation. Your investment will help educators close the achievement gaps, increase classroom innovations, provide professional development opportunities, and more.
4. Nominate an amazing teacher for a national award. People Magazine is accepting nominations for the 2013 Teacher of the Year Award.
5. Visit your local school and find out how you can help. Volunteer in the concession stand at a football game, donate supplies, or chaperone an event