Raise Your Hand - Take the Pledge
Be a part of the annual celebration of American Education Week and Raise Your Hand for Student Success. Take this pledge and show your support for quality public education for all of America’s children. All of our students have a right to an education that prepares them for college and 21st century careers.
I pledge to RAISE MY HAND for:
- Every child in America to have access to quality public education, regardless of family income or where they live.
- All educators to be respected and treated as professionals and participate in key education policy discussions.
- Parents, families, communities, and educators to come together and create partnerships to foster environments that are conducive for student learning.
- Elected officials to do their part to ensure adequate tools and resources for all schools, include educators in key policy discussions, and make sure that students have access to a world class education—from pre-k and beyond.
- Public schools to have smaller class sizes, up-to-date textbooks, and safe and clean environments.
Signing this pledge, I commit to being an advocate for great public schools for every student, and I will tell my relatives, friends, and colleagues to “Raise Your Hand for student success.”
American Education Week presents all Americans with a wonderful opportunity to celebrate public education and honor individuals who are making a difference in ensuring that every child receives a quality education.
Visit the AEW site for news, artwork, photos, and more.