NEA's Read Across America Reading Resource Calendar App
Bring the celebration of reading and literacy into your classroom all year long.
Our literacy app offers educators and parents inspiring ways to celebrate reading and engaging resources to get kids hooked on books. Use it to identify engaging titles for young readers of all levels, celebrate literacy events and authors’ birthdays, and conduct themed activities that tie books to issues that affect your students. Save time searching for supplemental materials with easy access to tools and lesson plans to help foster literacy at school and at home, all selected by a children’s literacy expert.
Find guidance on building and strengthening kids’ reading skills, as well as tips for making reading fun. While suggested activities may be linked to a specific date on the calendar, the app is a wealth of resources to connect kids with books and meaningful experiences every day.
Available for iPad and Android tablet computers, our app will deliver reading resources for January through July 2014. Each month includes:
- A selected Book of the Month with related activity ideas, discussion guides, lesson plans, and themed booklists for further reading
- Significant dates and author birthdays with access to classroom resources and related literacy resources
- Monthly reading topics, e.g. reading aloud, summer reading, with related activity ideas and themed booklists
- Ideas for encouraging reading at home and engaging parents in their children’s learning
- Ideas and resources to help you plan reading events in your school or community
- Tips for integrating technology in your literacy curriculum
- Ideas for promoting dental health
Android version coming soon!
Have questions or concerns about the App? Email us.
Now in its 17th year, this year-round program focuses on motivating children and teens to read through events, partnerships, and reading resources.