HCR Awards Categories & Nomination Forms
Deadline: All Nomination Applications must be Postmarked by December 10, 2014
This is your invitation to participate in the 48th Annual NEA Human and Civil Rights Awards Dinner. You are invited to help us —
- Keep alive the spirit of the American Teachers Association
- Honor individuals and affiliates for their human and civil rights contributions
- Celebrate NEA’s multicultural roots
- Recharge ourselves for the struggle ahead.
Don’t just attend the dinner. Get involved by nominating someone, an affiliate or an organization for an award. We are looking for individuals, including colleagues, or groups, including affiliates, that have advanced the cause of civil rights. We honor civil rights heroes because the cause endures, the struggle goes on and hope still lives.
- Applegate-Dorros Peace and International Understanding
- Carter G. Woodson Memorial Award
- Cesar Chavez Accion y Compromiso HCR Award
- Ellison S. Onizuka Memorial Award
- H. Councill Trenholm Award (Non-Black)
- George I. Sanchez Memorial Award
- Leo Reano Memorial Award
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Award
- Mary Hatwood Futrell Award
- Reg Weaver Human and Civil Rights Award
- Rosena J. Willis Memorial Awrd (State Affiliate)
- Virginia Uribe Award for Creative Leadership in Human Rights
Nominations that do not meet the criteria may not be considered.
2015 AWARDS DINNER INFORMATIONAL LINKS
HUMAN AND CIVIL RIGHTS ISSUES