Celebrate National Teacher Day on Social Media
Use the #ThankATeacher hashtag and join thousands showing their support for our nation's teachers
Tuesday, May 6, 2014, is National Teacher Day and what better way to thank the teachers that have inspired you than making a six-second Vine video!
It's Easy. Here's How:
- Vine is available as a free download on all three major smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS and Windows phones.
After installation, you'll be prompted to sign up with either your Twitter account or email address.
- Start recording! Press the camera icon in the top-right corner of the app. Holding your finger to the screen begins recording, and releasing your finger pauses it.
- Once you've recorded your video, press the arrow in the top-right corner of your screen and preview your finished product. If you'd like to rearrange your sequence of clips, press the Edit button and simply drag and drop your individual clips to their new places in your timeline. You can delete clips by dragging them to the top of the screen into the trashcan icon, as seen above.
- When you're finished editing, press Save, and then press the green checkmark at the bottom of your screen. You'll be brought to the Share screen where you can add a caption and the #ThankATeacher hashtag.
- Share your Vine on your Facebook and Twitter and ask your network to #ThankATeacher.
We will be searching the hashtag and highlighting our favorite Vines on the NEA Today social media properties during Teacher Appreciation Week May 5-9th. Make sure to “follow” us on Vine, “like” us on Facebook and “follow” us on Twitter.
Don’t have a Vine account? That’s okay, because as long as you use the #ThankATeacher hashtag, we can include your posts from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Help us show the world what a positive impact teachers make on students’ lives every day, #ThankATeacher.