Get the Read Across Scoop
Resources for the press, media coverage, and tales from NEA's Read Across America
In the News
Visit our Storify page for local and national media coverage of NEA's Read Across America Cat-a-Van tours and reading celebrations.
The 2013 Cat-a-Vans logged more than 5,100 miles, traveling from coast to coast to deliver an important message about reading—and brushing their teeth—to students at more than 30 schools. NEA’s Cat-a-Van Reading Tour was made possible through a unique partnership between the National Education Association and Renaissance Dental. For information, photos, and video from the Cat-a-Vans, click on the links below.
- Tour 1: Phoenix, AZ — Boise, ID — Las Vegas, NV— Albuquerque, NM — Little Rock, AR
- Tour 2: Nashville, TN — Louisville, KY — Indianapolis, IN — East Cleveland, OH — Warren, MI
- Tour 3: Charleston, WV — Charlotte, NC — Atlanta, GA — Orlando, FL — Miami, FL
Media kits, photos, video footage, and public service announcements are available to the media by contacting Senior Press Officer and Read Across America Media contact Staci Maiers, (202) 822-7150 or sending an e-mail to SMaiers@nea.org.
- Cat-a-Van Tours Hit the Road to Get Kids Reading, Brushing (2013 national press release)
- Celebrities to Join Cat in the Hat, Read to Kids at New York Public Library (press release)
- Facts about Children’s Literacy
- Read Across America FAQ
- Background on Read Across America
- Dr. Seuss’s Biography