Get Ready for Summer Reading
Every year, educators look for ways to stem the tide of summer learning loss, as well as tips and tricks to keep kids and teens excited about reading. Who can help? Read Across America partners, of course!
- The National Center for Summer Learning offers research and reasons why summer learning programs are key to academic achievement.
- PBS Parents provides summer reading resources to help parents get their kids reading
- ReadKiddoRead has book recommendations and reviews for all age ranges, with the goal of making kids readers for life
- Reading Rockets has prepared a beach bag of tips, tricks, and booklists, plus tips on finding a good summer reading program.
- Adlit.org and Teenreads.com offer booklists, author interviews, and book reviews to keep teens connected to books.
- NCTE and ReadWriteThink provide these teaching strategies, professional readings, resources, activities, and tools for continued learning throughout the summer.
- National PTAs Family Reading Experience offers ideas for Reading Fun.