Read Across America Downloadables
Thanks to major support by Renaissance Dental, NEA’s Read Across America has new materials and resources to promote good oral health and reading skills.
Oral health problems cause students to miss 51 million school hours per year. Students who are absent miss critical instruction time, especially in early grades where reading skills are a focus.
So, all kids need to brush for 2 minutes 2 times per day and read for 20 minutes each day. That’s a daily total of 24 minutes focused on developing good oral health and reading skills.
Here are resources you can use for your Read Across America celebrations or all year long. Keep checking back as we will continue to add materials to this page.
Our Famous Cat in the Hat Logo
Cool FREE Stuff to Print and Reproduce
- 2013 Downloadable Resource Calendar
- 2013 Read Across America Day Poster
- 2013 Read Across America/Renaissance Dental Bookmarks ( PDF, 221 KB, 2 pgs.)
- 2013 Reading and Brushing Log
- 2013 Tooth Tips ( PDF, 805 KB, 2 pgs.)
- New! Certificate of Achievement ( PDF, 1.1 MB, 1 pg.)
Award this certificate to students who take part in your reading event.
- New! Certificate of Appreciation
Award this certificate to adults and others who help with your reading event.
- Read Across America Poem
- Read Across America Reader's Oath
- New! Proclamation ( PDF, 696 KB, 1 pg.)
Have your local town council proclaim March 1 as a day to celebrate kids and reading.
- Oral Health Recommended Books ( PDF, 1.3 MB, 3 pgs.)
- Teacher's Top 100 Books for Children
- Kids' Top 100 Books
- Asian-American Booklist
- Spanish/English Bilingual Booklist
- 50 Multicultural Books Every Child Should Read
- Celebrity Book Pics
- 50 State Booklist
- Native American Booklist
- African American Booklist
- Authors' Favorite Booklist