Ensure Great Public Schools for Every Child
"KIDS NOT CUTS"
- Fact Sheet for Congressional Offices: Kids Not Cuts
( PDF, 468 KB, 1 pg.)
- Educator Connector Line at 1.866.293.7278
KEEP THE PRESSURE ON: TELL CONGRESS NO MORE FUNDING CUTS FOR KIDS AND EDUCATION
President Obama will release his budget proposal for the coming fiscal year on Wednesday, April 10, as the House and Senate Appropriations Committees begin their work on new funding bills. But the House and Senate budget plans embody radically different visions for America’s future. The NEA-supported Senate budget would preserve federal funding for education, provide new revenue, and help create jobs; the NEA-opposed House budget would slash funding even more for education and healthcare for kids. Keep the pressure on and tell Congress, “No more cuts to kids and education!”
TAKE ACTION TODAY!
- Email Congress or call 1.866.293.7278, our Educator Connector Line — Tell your Senators and Representative to support the Senate budget that protects funding for education and demands new revenue.
- Share your story — Tell us how budget cuts are hurting your students.
- Take the Kids Not Cuts pledge — Already took it? Ask friends to sign it and join the fight.