Articles & Multimedia on Dropout Prevention
- What's Your Experience with Alternative Schools? - Here's what you said on NEA's discussion board (2008).
- Meeting Students Where They Are - School grouped students using diagnostic placement tests, not age, and allowed students to move to higher levels through self-paced learning.
- Students Develop Skills in Construction Program - At-risk students develop academic skills, real-world skills, and general engagement in learning through community construction projects.
- I Work at Keeping Students Engaged - Teacher uses creativity, humor, and knowledge of real-world skills.
- Long-Term Absentees - High school special education teacher and advisor found out why they were staying out of school.
- Not Making the Same Mistake My Brothers Made - She not only graduated high school but she also went on to college.
- Teacher Helped Student with Family Problems - Student struggled with decision: go to school or stay home with a very ill mother.
- Back to High School at 20 - Student decided it's never too late to finish your high school education.