Focus On Learning About Each Other's Culture
NEA Series Helps Education Employees Better Serve Students
NEA Human and Civil Rights Department
The National Education Association is committed to ensuring that all students are learning and succeeding in school. NEA’s Human and Civil Rights Department developed the 2006-2007 Focus On publications as a tool to help all groups get to know about each other's culture or group.
Here are the 2006-2007 Focus On publications on six cultural groups:
- American Indian/Alaska Natives (PDF, 108 KB, 2pp)
- Asian/Pacific Islanders (PDF, 200 KB, 2pp)
- Blacks (PDF, 202 KB, 2pp)
- Hispanics (PDF, 161 KB, 2pp)
- Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, and Transgendered Persons (PDF, 124 KB, 2pp)
Focus On Closing the Achievement Gaps for Six Groups - The 2004-2005 Focus On series, which examines some of the barriers to learning and success faced by each of these groups of students, strategies to address these barriers, and additional resources for school personnel.