Seat Belts, School Buses and Safety: Other Bus Safety Sites
Here are a few Web sites with good information on school bus safety issues:
- School Bus Driver is a comprehensive Web site created by bus driver and NEA member Frank Hyden.
- The National Highway Transportation Administration (NHTSA) Web site not only contains safety information, but also several good eduational brochures which can be downloaded and reproduced for students and parents.
- School Bus Fleet Magazine's Web site is a good source of information on pupil transportation issues. The site contains several on-line discussion forums.
- Safe Schools is a site that explores a number of safety issues, including seat belts.
- The National Coalition for School Bus Safety (NCSBS) advocates for a number of bus safety measures, and is in favor of school bus seat belts.
If you're interested in school safety in general, (not just school bus safety), a good place to start is:
- NEA's target=_self>School Safety issues page, which containing resources and links to help communities provide a safe and healthy environment for students, both on and off of school grounds.