Research & Tools
English Language Learners Resource Books
Check out these books which offer useful information for educators dealing with the increasing number of English language learners in today's classrooms.
English Language Learners Face Unique Challenges
English Language Learners (ELLs) are the fastest growing segment of the public school population. Over the past 15 years, the number of ELL students has nearly doubled—to about 5 million. By 2015, ELL enrollment in U.S. schools will reach 10 million and, by 2025, nearly one out of every four public school students will be
an English Language Learner.
- Colorin Colorado: A Bilgual Site for Parents and Educators
- Diversity Toolkit: English Language Learners (ELLs)
- Teachers and parents beat back Oregon initiative targeting English language learners
- Non-English Speaking Parents
- The Best of Both Worlds
- Research Talking Points on English Language Learners
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Center for Applied Linguistics
- National Association for Bilingual Education
- The Linguistic Funland