Labor and the Middle Class
What can save America's middle class and working families? Unions, says NEA President Dennis Van Roekel.
A strong and unified labor movement is key to a strong middle class.
- Model Language Regarding Protecting Members Rights to a Workplace Free of Bullying or Harassment
- Labor and the Middle Class
- Visit UCubed, "Ur Union of Unemployed"
I need more info:
- NEA's Position on the Employee Free Choice Act
- NEA Messages to Congress
- Labor Day Curriculum Resources
Power comes from unity. That was the message delivered September 15, 2009 by NEA President Dennis Van Roekel when he made history by becoming the first NEA president to address the national AFL-CIO convention. Van Roekel told delegates it was time to be "gloriously dissatisfied" with the status of the American working class, and to work together to bring positive changes.