Visit UCubed, "Ur Union of Unemployed"
The recession has affected millions of Americans. Our overall unemployment rate according to the U.S. Department of Labor is 10%. That figure includes many of our nation’s educators. But our country’s unemployed are neither alone nor powerless thanks to UCubed, a service project of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers.
Make it your New Year’s resolution to join this online community or “Ur Union of Unemployed” and fight for jobs. It debuted in mid January 2010.
One person can start a movement. Multiply that times three, again and again, and we’ve got a powerful community that can affect real change.
A cube can grow into a neighborhood, then blocks – power blocks politician’s can’t ignore, and purchasing blocks merchants can’t avoid.”
You are not just unemployed. You are Useful. Unique. Unified. Visit http://www.unionofunemployed.com/.
- Model Language Regarding Protecting Members Rights to a Workplace Free of Bullying or Harassment
- Labor and the Middle Class
- Visit UCubed, "Ur Union of Unemployed"
I need more info:
- NEA's Position on the Employee Free Choice Act
- NEA Messages to Congress
- Labor Day Curriculum Resources