Letter to the Senate HELP Committee on Graduating America
April 30, 2010
The National Education Association, representing 3.2 million educators across the nation, would like to share with you the enclosed materials in advance of tomorrow’s hearing in the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions on ESEA Reauthorization: Graduating America.
Attached for your information and use are:
- NEA backgrounder on increasing high school graduation rates
- Success stories: NEA’s Public Engagement Project
- NEA paper: Reforming High Schools for the 21st Century—An Imperative
- Examples of successful collaboration to turnaround schools
- Media links on successful models of school turnaround
We hope the enclosed materials will be useful to you as Congress moves forward on these critical issues. Thank you for your attention to this important information.
Director of Government Relations