Talking with the 2010 Teacher of the Year
How does the 2010 Teacher of the Year teach students to think?
"I try to create an environment where learning is a continuum," said Sarah Brown Wessling in a conversation with NEA President Dennis Van Roekel, adding that she changes the language of her classroom. "We talk about learning, we talk about goals, we talk about process. We don't talk about answers—we ask questions," she said.
Hear more from Sarah about her classroom and how the National Board Certification process has affected her as a teacher.
2012 Guide to the NBC Process
- Guide to Understanding National Board Certification
A joint project of the AFT and the NEA.
- National Board Certification for Teachers
- NEA Teacher Quality Resources
- Teaching Tools on the Web and in Print
- Online Lesson Plans
- Back to School Guide
- No Child Left Behind/Elementary and Secondary Education Act Reauthorization