The Truth About Fair Dismissal Laws
If our critics are allowed to strip away fair dismissal laws, educators will be relegated to disposable workers, says NEA President Dennis Van Roekel.
For more information about fair dismissal laws and tenure, see the following articles:
- Dismissal of teachers—From the New York Times opinion page (login required)
- GOP governors take aim at teacher tenure
- What teacher tenure is — and what it is not
- The truth about tenure in Higher Education
- Arbitration can be key to ensuring fair, timely dismissal
To get involved in the fight for educators' rights, sign up at Education Votes.
February 2011 Contents