The Federal Budget Process 2012
The Federal Budget Process, FY 2012
February 14, 2011, President Obama released his budget request for fiscal year 2012, which begins on October 1 of this year. The budget included an increase of $2 billion (+4.3 percent) for education, excluding funding for Federal Pell Grants; and an increase of $7.5 billion (+10.7 percent) for education when Pell Grants are included, when compared to fiscal year 2011 based on the continuing resolution in place at the time the budget was released.
• Proposed shift in formula-allocated to competitively-awarded federal education funding (PDF) (2/14/11)
• Federal state-formula allocated education funding bystate: change in funding by program, FY 2012 budget request compared to FY 2011 (PDF) (2/14/11)
• Proposed change in funding for elementary and secondary education (ESEA/NCLB) (PDF) (2/16/11)
• Proposed change in the federal share of funding for special education (IDEA) (PDF) (2/16/11)
• Proposed maximum Federal Pell Grant award compared to the total cost of attendance, selected FYs 1976-2012 (PDF) (2/16/11)