API Students at Increased Risk for Bullying
DOWNLOAD THE FULL DOCUMENT
API Students at Increased Risk for Bullying (Focus On Series, 2012)
( PDF, 688 KB, 4pp)
Navigating “model minority” and “perpetual foreigner” stereotypes is a familiar challenge for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, but another ordeal disrupts the lives and learning of far too many API students. A recent study shows that API youth are also at an increased risk for bullying.
Other NEA Publications on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- An American Story (Focus On Series 2010-2011) ( PDF, 3 MB, 2 pp)
- Learning While Asian American and Pacific Islander (Focus On What Works Special Edition 2009-2010) ( PDF, 917 KB, 2 pp)
- What Matters Most to Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (Focus on Tomorrow Special Edition 2008-2009) ( PDF, 4.21 MB, 16 pp)
- Beyond Black and White: API Students and School Desegregation (Focus On Series 2007-2008) ( PDF, 342 KB, 4 pp)
- NEA's Bully Free It Starts with Me
- Girls and Bullying: Focus on Women
- Bullying, Harassment and Hazing: State School Healthy Policy Database
A listing of all current state policies addressing bullying. From National Association of State Boards of Education.