Airplanes are taking off and landing on time again; America’s public school students deserve the same support and swift action. Tell Congress to make students and public education a priority, too.
Instructions on how to send a paper airplane message to Congress:
1. Click here to download a printable paper airplane template.
2. What education fixes would you like to see take flight? Write your answer(s) on your paper airplane.
3. Take a photo of your paper airplane and post it to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest using the hashtag #EdFlight. When sharing it on Twitter, @ reply your Senators and Representative in Congress to direct their attention to it your Tweet. Click here to look up contact information for the members of Congress that serve your state and district to include website URLs, email addresses, and social media handles. Feel free to email a photo of your paper airplane to us as well at email@example.com.
Other ways to take action:
1. Email Congress or call 1.866.293.7278, our Educator Connector Line — Tell your Senators and Representative to protect funding for education.
2. Share your story — Tell us how budget cuts are hurting your students.
4. Share this with friends.
Thank you for supporting education!
For background, read the EdVotes story 'Students and educators on standby as Congress fixes flight delays.'
Take the Kids Not Cuts pledge.
Email Congress or call 1.866.293.7278, our Educator Connector Line — Tell your Senators and Representative to protect funding for education.
Share your story — Tell us how budget cuts are hurting your students.
Learn how sequester cuts hurt public education and the impact in your state.