National Council of Urban Education Associations (NCUEA)
The 2015 NCUEA Fall Conference
December 2-5, 2015
Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
202 East Pratt St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Registration for the Fall Conference begins in the afternoon on December 2 followed by the Urban Minority Issues Dialogue.
- The First General Session begins at 9 AM on December 3 and the day concludes with the Banquet at 7:00 PM. December 4 begins at 9 AM and concludes at 5 PM.
- December 5 begins at 9 AM and concludes at 2:30 PM.
- More information will be posted on the Registration Site, as soon as it's confirmed. Please check back!
NEA's Urban Grants
NEA’s Urban Grants support development of large local NEA affiliates representing pre-K-12 educators, higher education faculty, and education support professionals. This grant funding is intended for projects that increase membership recruitment and involvement, build Association capacity, issue organizing and organizing and engage communities. Urban Grants, administered by the NEA Center for Organizing, will be awarded for programs that align with the NEA Strategic Plan. Read More & Apply!
The National Council of Urban Education Associations (NCUEA) is an advocacy organization of local affiliates of the National Education Association (NEA), which is dedicated to strengthening member advocacy and making the NEA more responsive to member needs.
The mission of the National Council of Urban Education Associations is to promote and advance quality Public Education in urban schools by empowering and supporting Local Associations, leaders, and members. In carrying out this mission, NCUEA focuses on the following areas:
- United Voice for Urban Education
- Promotion of and Advocacy for Local Associations
- Partnership with NEA
- Partnerships with Education-Focused Organizations
- Training for Local Urban Leaders
- Human and Civil Rights for All
- Celebration of Diversity
- Communication Among Local Associations
- Staff/Leadership Relationships
- Quality Working Conditions
NCUEA members believe it is their responsibility to communicate their needs clearly and concisely to their colleagues within the NEA. The members believe NCUEA is the most effective method for making their case and for gaining a favorable hearing for their needs. Through the conduct of official business, NCUEA members work in a concerted fashion to influence the direction of NEA.