Perspectives on Common Core: Kisha Davis-Caldwell
In its commitment to ensuring great public schools for every student, the National Education Association created a Common Core Working Group (CCWG), a coalition of classroom teachers and education professionals from around the country. The CCWG is working collectively to ensure that the Common Core State Standards for English language arts and mathematics are implemented properly in participating states across the country.
Kisha Davis-Caldwell, a 5th-grade math teacher from Howard County, Md., and CCWG participant, shares her perspective on the standards empower her to create curricula that will focus her students and optimize the quality of their educational experience.
Connect With Teachers About Common Core
Join the Common Core group on the GPS Network to collaborate and find resources on the new standards.
- Teaching the Core Video Library
- Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSS)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Constorium (SBAC)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Assessment Services Supporting ELs through Technology Systems (ASSETS)
- World-Class Instructional Design (WIDA)