Perspectives on Common Core: Cheryl Mosier
In its commitment to ensuring great public schools for every student, the National Education Association created a Common Core Working Group (CCWG), a coalition of classroom teachers and education professionals from around the country. The CCWG is working collectively to ensure that the Common Core State Standards for English language arts and mathematics are implemented properly in participating states across the country.
Cheryl Mosier, a science teacher at Columbine High School in Littleton, Co., and CCWG participant, shares her perspective on how the standards create a framework of quality, student-centered education that is consistent across all participating states.
Connect With Teachers About Common Core
Join the Common Core group on the GPS Network to collaborate and find resources on the new standards.
- Teaching the Core Video Library
- Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSS)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Constorium (SBAC)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Assessment Services Supporting ELs through Technology Systems (ASSETS)
- World-Class Instructional Design (WIDA)