Our Position & Actions
Vision and Goal Statement
NEA believes the Common Core State Standards have the potential to provide access to a complete and challenging education for all children. Broad range cooperation in developing these voluntary standards provides educators with more manageable curriculum goals and greater opportunities to use their professional judgment in ways that promote student success.
Advocacy & Communications
To communicate effectively about the Common Core State Standards, NEA compiled materials to discuss and share among different audiences.
- Bargaining/Advocacy Advisory on Common Core State Standards
- School Board Resolution Templates for Common Core Implementation
Connect With Teachers About Common Core
Join the Common Core group on the GPS Network to collaborate and find resources on the new standards.
- Teaching the Core Video Library
- Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSS)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Constorium (SBAC)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Assessment Services Supporting ELs through Technology Systems (ASSETS)
- World-Class Instructional Design (WIDA)