Video: 2013 Education Nation Tackles Common Core
To help teachers better understand what the Common Core State Standards will mean for classroom instruction, NBC News hosted a Common Core Teacher Institute following the 2013 Education Nation Teacher Town Hall in collaboration with Teaching Channel.
NBC worked with an expert advisory committee to select model teachers who demonstrated lessons during three different workshops:
- grades K-5 ELA, literacy, and mathematics;
- grades 6-12 ELA and literacy; and,
- grades 6-12 mathematics.
Below are videos from NEA President Dennis Van Roekel and NEA members who participated in the event.
Opening Remarks: Dennis Van Roekel, President, National Education Association, and Mark Lukasiewicz, Senior Vice President, NBC News Specials
Understanding, Modeling, and Creating Equivalent Fractions; Presented by Kisha Davis-Caldwell
Ferris Wheel: Trigonometric Functions; Presented by Tiffany Utoft
All 2013 Education Nation Videos
Connect With Teachers About Common Core
Join the Common Core group on the GPS Network to collaborate and find resources on the new standards.
2013 EDUCATION NATION
- Teaching the Core Video Library
- Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSS)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Constorium (SBAC)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Assessment Services Supporting ELs through Technology Systems (ASSETS)
- World-Class Instructional Design (WIDA)