Implementing the Common Core State Standards: English Language Arts in Vermont
In its commitment to ensuring great public schools for every student, the National Education Association created a Common Core Working Group (CCWG), a coalition of classroom teachers and education professionals from around the country. The CCWG is working to ensure that Common Core State Standards for English language arts and mathematics are implemented properly in participating states across the country.
This video was taken during the CCWG meeting in November 2013 in Savannah, Georgia. Here, CCWG member and English language arts teacher Karen Heath leads an English language arts table talk on how districts in Vermont are implementing common core state standards.
Connect With Teachers About Common Core
Join the Common Core group on the GPS Network to collaborate and find resources on the new standards.
- Teaching the Core Video Library
- Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSS)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Constorium (SBAC)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Assessment Services Supporting ELs through Technology Systems (ASSETS)
- World-Class Instructional Design (WIDA)