Implementing the Common Core: Involving the Community
In its commitment to ensuring great public schools for every student, the National Education Association created a Common Core Working Group (CCWG), a coalition of classroom teachers and education professionals from around the country. The CCWG is working collectively to ensure that the Common Core State Standards for English language arts and mathematics are implemented properly in participating states across the country.
This video was taken during NEA Common Core Working Group Meeting November 2013 in Savannah, Georgia. Here, Executive Director of Alliance for Public Schools Melissa Erickson speaks to NEA members about the importance of teachers and community collaborating for common core implementation and understanding.
Connect With Teachers About Common Core
Join the Common Core group on the GPS Network to collaborate and find resources on the new standards.
- Teaching the Core Video Library
- Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSS)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Constorium (SBAC)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Assessment Services Supporting ELs through Technology Systems (ASSETS)
- World-Class Instructional Design (WIDA)