Skip to Content
Review the “Must Haves” for Your Communications
- Keep a calendar of upcoming Association events.
- Line up Association members to write for your publications – or at least report to you on those events you can't attend.
- Develop standardized sections for your website or e-newsletter. Content is easier to fill when you know in advance what types of stories you need and where to put them.
- Put the most important information of each story in the first paragraph. And keep that paragraph short.
- Write your articles with as many active verbs and descriptive phrases as possible.
- Review your articles with an eye toward cutting – if it can be shorter, make it so!
- Headlines may be all someone sees of an article, so make them vibrant and informative.
- Publish regularly.