Focus on: Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, and Transgendered Persons
DOWNLOAD THE FULL DOCUMENT
Focus On: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Trensgendered Persons ( PDF, 206 KB, 2PP)
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Persons: The “T” in GLBT Stands for Transgender. Who are transgender students, and why do they face higher levels of harassment, violence, and serious physical harm than any other school group?
View our multimedia page with current videos and slideshows concerning bullying.
Bully Free Resources for ESPs
- Clerical Services/Administrative ESPs Bullying Prevention (PDF)
- Food Services ESPs and Bullying Prevention (PDF)
- Paraeducators and Student-to-Student Bullying (PDF)
- Bus Drivers and Bullying Prevention (PDF)
Click here for more bullying resources.
Message to GLBT Students: It Gets Better
Dennis Van Roekel gives a message of hope to victims of bullying.
- Girls and Bullying: This Focus on Women publication summarizes and suggests solutions for educators on the topic of the bullying of girls.
- Bullying, Harassment and Hazing: State School Healthy Policy Database A listing of all current state policies addressing bullying.
- A Report on the Status of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender People in Education Practical resources for creating a supportive environment and guidance for school employees and GLBT students.
- What Works: Focus on Learning While Female From the issues to actions: protecting female students from sexual harassment and bullying.