Legislative Action Center
In Support of Common Issues and Public Education
Secretary Duncan stepping down
Another Friday brought another resignation announcement, as Education Secretary Arne Duncan announced he will step down in December. President Obama has tapped Deputy Secretary and former New York State Education Commissioner John King to serve as acting Secretary after Duncan’s departure.
Government shutdown avoided, budget talks up next
On Wednesday, only hours from the deadline to act, the House passed a short-term continuing resolution (CR) to keep the federal government operating until December 11th.
Read the full October 2, 2015 Education Insider edition.
Make your voice heard! Become a cyber-lobbyist and subscribe to our weekly e-mail newsletter
Visit our Education Votes site to share your story and read about other actions you can take to make sure your voice is heard on the issues that matter the most.
Sign the Petition
Sign the ESEA petition and share it with 5 friends.
Call Congress via NEA’s “Opportunity for All” hotline at 1-866-331-7233.
I need more information:
- ESEA Conference Talking Points
- NEA ESEA Reauthorization Principles
- To learn more about our proposed solutions, please download our Opportunity Dashboard and Testing information sheets
- NEA Supported Bills on ESEA for the 114th Congress
- NEA Message and Testimony to Congress on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
Issues for the 114th Congress:
- Child Nutrition
- DREAMers/Immigration Reform
- Education Funding
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
- Higher Education/Student Loans
En Espanol (PDF, 152 KB, 2 pgs.)