Legislative Action Center
In Support of Common Issues and Public Education
Bipartisan ESEA Rewrite to Advance to Senate Floor
In a rare show of bipartisanship, on April 16 the Senate HELP Committee voted 22-0 to move the Every Child Achieves Act of 2015, its version of ESEA reauthorization, to the floor. In just the last few days, the bill has moved in a positive direction thanks to the advocacy and activism of educators like you.
Read the full April 17, 2015 Education Insider edition.
Sign the Petition
Sign the ESEA petition and share it with 5 friends.
Call Congress via NEA’s “Opportunity for All” hotline at 1-866-331-7233.
I need more information:
- NEA ESEA Reauthorization Principles
- To learn more about our proposed solutions, please download our Opportunity Dashboard and Testing information sheets
- NEA Message and Testimony to Congress on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
Make your voice heard! Become a cyber-lobbyist and subscribe to our weekly e-mail newsletter
Visit our Education Votes site to share your story and read about other actions you can take to make sure your voice is heard on the issues that matter the most.
Issues for the 114th Congress:
- Child Nutrition
- DREAMers/Immigration Reform
- Education Funding
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
- Higher Education/Student Loans