Legislative Action Center
In Support of Common Issues and Public Education
ESEA rewrite clears another hurdle; final votes coming
At long last, the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) is teed up for final votes in the House and Senate after Thanksgiving! On Thursday, by a vote of 39-1, a Senate/House conference committee approved a framework to reauthorize ESEA for the first time in nearly 14 years.
Read the full November 20, 2015 Education Insider edition.
Make your voice heard! Become a cyber-lobbyist and subscribe to our weekly e-mail newsletter
Visit our Education Votes site to share your story and read about other actions you can take to make sure your voice is heard on the issues that matter the most.
Sign the Petition
Sign the ESEA petition and share it with 5 friends.
Call Congress via NEA’s “Opportunity for All” hotline at 1-866-331-7233.
I need more information:
- ESEA Conference Talking Points
- NEA ESEA Reauthorization Principles
- To learn more about our proposed solutions, please download our Opportunity Dashboard and Testing information sheets
- NEA Supported Bills on ESEA for the 114th Congress
- NEA Message and Testimony to Congress on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
Issues for the 114th Congress:
- Child Nutrition
- DREAMers/Immigration Reform
- Education Funding
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
- Higher Education/Student Loans
En Espanol (PDF, 152 KB, 2 pgs.)