Legislative Action Center
In Support of Common Issues and Public Education
Reach out while Congress is back home
Congress is heading for the exits for a five-week recess (until September 8)—the House has already adjourned and the Senate is likely not far behind. Reach out to your Members of Congress while they’re back home and schedule an in-person meeting to discusswhat’s happening in your schools. Continue to weigh in on ESEA, education funding, and other critical issues via the Legislative Action Center. Note: The Education Insider will also take an August recess unless key developments warrant updates.
Read the full July 31, 2015 Education Insider edition.
Make your voice heard! Become a cyber-lobbyist and subscribe to our weekly e-mail newsletter
Visit our Education Votes site to share your story and read about other actions you can take to make sure your voice is heard on the issues that matter the most.
Sign the Petition
Sign the ESEA petition and share it with 5 friends.
Call Congress via NEA’s “Opportunity for All” hotline at 1-866-331-7233.
I need more information:
- NEA ESEA Reauthorization Principles
- To learn more about our proposed solutions, please download our Opportunity Dashboard and Testing information sheets
- NEA Supported Bills on ESEA for the 114th Congress
- NEA Message and Testimony to Congress on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
Issues for the 114th Congress:
- Child Nutrition
- DREAMers/Immigration Reform
- Education Funding
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
- Higher Education/Student Loans
En Espanol (PDF, 152 KB, 2 pgs.)