The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
VICTORY! Educators speak, senators listen, ESEA rewrite passes by huge margin
The Senate voted 81-17 on July 16 to pass the bipartisan, NEA-supported Every Child Achieves Act (S. 1177). The victory is a product of unprecedented member engagement that included 216,000 emails and 15,000 phone calls to Congress; 32,000 tweets; 26,000 petition signers; 367,000 views of GetESEAright.com; and nearly 2,000 face-to-face meetings with members of Congress and key staff by state affiliate leaders, NEA officers and board members, and lobbyists.
Sign the Petition
Sign the ESEA petition and share it with 5 friends.
Call Congress via NEA’s “Opportunity for All” hotline at 1-866-331-7233.
I need more information:
- ESEA Conference Talking Points
- NEA ESEA Reauthorization Principles
- To learn more about our proposed solutions, please download our Opportunity Dashboard and Testing information sheets
- NEA Supported Bills on ESEA for the 114th Congress
- NEA Message and Testimony to Congress on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
ESEA/NCLB Update Newsletters