Using Artwork Effectively
Photographs and illustrations can add appeal to any website or e-newsletter – and they can convey a powerful message if used well.
When adding photos illustrations to your website or e-newsletter:
- Focus on drama. Crop the photo tightly around the action. Members will be able to see faces more clearly that way.
- Look for photos that are shot closely enough that you can see peoples' faces. A faraway shot of a meeting where participants are blurry blips will make your pages look grey.
- Try to use photos that catch people in action.
- If people are looking off in one direction instead of right at the camera, position them so their faces aren't looking off the page.
- If you've got a great photo that tells a story in itself, run it big! You can place a simple headline over it, and run a caption below - even on page 1.
- Don't forget the caption – people love seeing their faces and their names in print.