NEA’s Three-Point Plan for True Education Reform
Download the Full Statement
- Leading the Profession: NEA’s Three-Point Plan for Reform
( PDF, 248 KB, 10 pgs.)
National Education Association President Dennis Van Roekel has announced a new action agenda that will help advance the Association’s goals of transforming the teaching profession and accelerating student learning.
Incorporating proven best practices from thousands of leading teachers from around the country, and input from an independent Commission on Effective Teachers and Teaching, Van Roekel detailed three major strategies that will guide the union’s efforts to increase the quality of teacher candidates before they ever reach the classroom, to make sure that teachers remain at the top of their game throughout their careers, and to improve student learning by improving the teaching profession.
“It’s about the kids,” Van Roekel said. “NEA aims to ensure that every student has a qualified, caring and effective teacher. And NEA will support a stronger profession of teaching.”
- NEA Policy Statement on Teacher Evaluation and Accountability
- Montgomery Teachers Redefine Image of Unionism (Washington Post)
- Turning Our Backs on Unions (New York Times)
- Great Ideas for Public Schools