NEA Academy is devoted to meeting the professional development needs of teachers and education support professionals.
Here you'll find the highest quality courses from the best developers. All professional development courses offered through the NEA Academy are carefully screened against a set of quality standards developed by NEA members in consultation with Learning Forward (formerly the National Staff Development Council). Only the best courses of the highest quality make it through the screening process.
Walden University has teamed up with the NEA Member Assistance Program (MAP) to offer tuition breaks for members who have lost their positions. If you qualify, you can receive:
- 50% tuition reduction on your first term when you enroll in the M.S. in Education or the M.S. in Instructional Design and Technology program, plus additional 10% tuition savings on the remaining portion of your program
- 10% tuition reduction when you enroll in one of five education certificate programs
This free 1.5-hour course will educate NEA members about asthma so that they can help students better manage their asthma while at school.
The course addresses the causes, signs and symptoms of asthma; asthma triggers; the key elements of asthma control; and strategies for creating asthma-friendly schools.
This course provides strategies for all classroom teachers and paraprofessionals to use in working effectively with students of limited English proficiency.
- Designed for classroom teachers and paraprofessionals
- Video segments demonstrate effective strategies
- Presentations, text files, and video transcripts are available to download
- Five hour course offers CEUs and graduate credits*
Length: 1 Year