Autumn-Themed Classroom Resources, Grades 6-8
Explore Autumn with Lessons, Activities, Poetry and Song
Recording the Changing Seasons in Ancient Times
Students in grades 6-8 learn about Stonehenge and read some ancient myths and stories explaining the seasons.
Students in grades 6-12 students use paper chromatography to separate the many pigments from one another.
Bird Migration Game
Answer questions about migratory birds and help a Wood Thrush get closer to her favorite forest where she'll be able to find a mate, build a nest, and lay her eggs.
- MigrationBird Migration
- Journey North'sMonarch Butterfly Migration Tracking Project
- Meteor Showers Online
- Provides a calendar with major and minor meteor showers.
- Poetry of Autumn
- Songs of Insects: Online Guide to Insects Songs
- Meteorology Guide: The Online Guides
Includes a module on hurricanes.
Coloring PagesFall Printables for Kids
Connect the dots, word scrambles, mazes, coloring pages, and boggles pages.
- Ode to AutumnKeats poem read by Robert Pinsky
- Vivaldi Autumn The Four Seasons High Quality (10:06)
A brief biography of the composer and the sonnets Vivaldi wrote to accompany the Four Seasons.
last updated: August 30, 2013