Autumn-Themed Classroom Resources, Grades K-5
Explore Autumn with Lessons, Activities, Poetry and Song
A Look at Life Cycles
Students in grades K-2 collaborate to create a four-season display that illustrates the life cycle of an apple tree.
Arctic Terns from North to South
Students in grades K-2 map the Arctic Tern’s migration route and consider why it migrates so far.
The Sun and the Earth
Students in grades 3-5 learn the relationship between the Earth and the sun and how this relationship affects observable phenomena on Earth, such as the seasons.
Seasonal Haiku: Writing Poems to Celebrate Any Season
Students in grades 3-5 write and illustrate haiku depicting seasonal images.
Bird Migration Game
Answer questions about migratory birds and help a Wood Thrush get closer to her favorite forest where she'll be able to find a mate, build a nest, and lay her eggs.
- Leaf Rubbings (YouTube)
- Wax Paper Leaf Collage (YouTube)
- How to Make Table Placemats with Leaves
- Craft Project: Autumn Leaf Print Placemats
- Songs to Celebrate the Harvest
- Bird Migration
- Journey North's
Monarch Butterfly Migration Tracking Project
- Meteor Showers OnlineProvides a calendar with major and minor meteor showers.
- Poetry of AutumnSongs of Insects: Online Guide to Insects Songs
- Meteorology Guide: The Online Guides
Includes a module on hurricanes.
- Fall Leaf Coloring Pages
- Leaf Color Pages & Sheets
- Free Leaves Coloring Pages
- Fall Printables for Kids
Connect the dots, word scrambles, mazes, coloring pages, and boggles pages.
- Ode to Autumn
Keats poem read by Robert Pinsky
- Vivaldi Four Seasons Autumn (10:55)
A brief biography of the composer and the sonnets Vivaldi wrote to accompany the Four Seasons.