Ten Questions to Start the Year
June 09, 2009
During the first week of school, start each day with this activity. Call each student's name and ask a random question that will elicit something about his or her life. Have the student say his name, and answer a question. This activity is a big hit!
Here are some examples of questions:
- Tell us the funniest thing you ever saw on a walk.
- Tell us about an award you received.
- What is the best advice anyone ever gave you?
- What is something you wish you had never done?
- What is your favorite book?
- Tell about an accident/fire/arrest you saw.
- Tell about your first fight.
- How do you know if someone is a true friend?
- How do you know if a teacher likes you?
- What is your favorite thing to do on weekends?
The kids LOVE the brutal ones and will say, "Oh! I want that one -- ask me that question", especially when it has something to do with anything that would alarm a timid soul!"