Five Tray Filing
June 18, 2003
In order to keep my desk neat and tidy, I use a filing system that works wonders! I have five black stackable file trays that I bought at an office supply store. I label the five trays as follows:
- IN - Things I haven’t looked at yet.
- HOLD — Important information that needs to be kept for a certain period of time.
- DO - Anything that needs to get done belongs in this tray.
- FILE - Papers that need to be filed in binders or in cabinets.
- READ - Things that I will look at more closely at a later time.
If you are like me, a cluttered desk is something you don’t want to have to deal with everyday. This system has helped me out tremendously. My desk is always cleared off at the end of the day.