Research & Tools on Professional Pay
- 2012-2013 Average Starting Teacher Salaries by State
- Principles for a Professional Growth Salary Schedule
- ESP Average Salaries
- The Lowdown on Living Wage Campaigns
- Higher Education Faculty Resources
- Teacher Pay Lags Behind Similar Professions (Economic Policy Institute)
- Characteristics of Large Public Education Pension Plans ( PDF, 902 KB, 192 pgs.)
The results of NEA's 2008 survey of large public education pension plans, providing data on plan membership, assets, retirement eligibility, vesting requirements, purchase of service credit, state taxation of benefits, employee and employer contribution rates, plan benefit formulas and limitations, actuarial methods, funding, and board membership.
- How to Tell Your Living Wage Story ( PDF, 211 KB, 2 pgs.)
- Salary Map
- Salary Calculator
- Living Wage Calculators
- Salary Campaign Checklist
- 10 Living Wage Communications Tips
- Living Wage Lobbying Guide ( PDF, 97 KB, 2 pgs.)
Organizations Interested in Pay Issues
Jobs with Justice
Jobs with Justice works to improve working people's standard of living, fight for job security, and protect workers' right to organize. Visit the JwJ web site for the latest news on workplace and community social justice campaigns.
Educator Compensation Institute
Educator Compensation Institute is a comprehensive information clearinghouse and research organization for issues related to educator compensation, particularly alternative compensation.