NEA-Retired exists to meet the needs of retired education employees. We work with active NEA members to:
- Protect and improve retirement pension, and health benefits—including state pensions, Social Security and Medicare.
- Improve public education through mentoring, literacy, and intergenerational programs and activities.
- Achieve legislative and political action goals for education and education employees.
Retired members also:
- Continue their involvement with their State Association and the NEA and enjoy new and different activities with former colleagues and new friends.
- Volunteer in community-based programs that help make America stronger.
- Participate in national and regional conferences and seminars.
In addition, NEA-Retired provides its members with a wide range of benefits through NEA Member Benefits.
"We’re natural constituents… Retired members are a wonderful resource—they know the ins and outs of political activism and they commit the time to make a genuine contribution. When active and retired members work together, we accomplish so much more!"